Frequently asked questions

What should I do if I lose my WIC voucher and haven’t redeemed it for the month?

WIC vouchers cannot be re-issued they have a monetary value placed on each one. Please contact the WIC office if you know you will not or can not redeem your voucher for the month.

Can I receive a replacement card if mine is lost?

Yes, a WIC card can be replaced when you come into the WIC clinic for recertification or issuance.

Is there any transportation assistance available if I do not have a way to cash or redeem my WIC vouchers?

Yes, the CHR Program will provide transportation on a “as needed” basis with 24 hour notice. For more information call the CHR Office at 747-2617.

Can I redeem my WIC vouchers at Walmart or wherever I want?

No, WIC vouchers issued by the Rosebud Sioux Tribe must be redeem at the RST approved vendor stores. (see Vendor List)

Do I have to purchase everything that’s issued on my WIC voucher?

We encourage you purchase all nutritionally benefical food items issued however if you know when picking up your voucher that you do not want a particular item let the Issuance Clerk know so it will not be issued.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, it’s Agencies, offices and employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc) should contact Rosebud WIC where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service (800)-877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Compliant Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information required in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992. 


Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


 U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, DC  20250-9410




  • Black Facebook Icon

© 2018 Rosebud Sioux Tribe W.I.C Program

Rosebud Sioux Tribe

PO Box 99
308 Buffalo Pass Lane
Rosebud, SD 57570

Phone: 605-747-2617         
Fax: 605-747-2612

WIC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor

Phone: (605) 828-1357

Please keep in mind that Clinic Schedules are subject to change due unforeseen circumstances (eg weather conditions, unavailable facility access, no heat/cooling, etc).

Listen to KINI 96.1/KOYA 88.1 FM Radio Stations for Daily Announcements.